At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
Our IT Software Developers play significant roles in market-changing projects that impact our customers, agents and employees. From mobile apps to web apps, they help develop and maintain software applications.
The Customer Data Solutions Service Management team has an exciting opportunity for a client server developer, with MDM, Linux and Java experience, to develop the operational aspect of the Customer Hub MDM Customer Data system, including advancing Customer Hub's Customer Relationship enhancements and operational capabilities.
The Customer Data Solution's mission is to control the risk and cost of customer data stewardship while providing Progressive's Customer Relationship Management growth in support of Destination Era goals. By increasing the quality of the Customer Relation Management and Enterprise customer data assets and technology solutions, we enable achievement of Progressive business goals and objectives and ensure the Quality and Pace principles realization within our Platform's sphere of influence.
Some preferred skills for this role include:
· Proven IBM MDM development and debugging experience
· Proven Linux and Java support and development experience, including Linux Shell and Eclipse
· Oracle database development and support experience
· Delivery of MDM and Linux solutions
· Supporting Master Data Management concepts
Rotational, on-call incident management and response support is required
The required education and experience needed for this role include:
· Bachelor's degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (such as Computer Science or Software Engineering) and two (2) years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications
· In lieu of a degree, four (4) years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
· Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
· Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
· Ability to analyze data from various sources and determine next actions
· Can work in a team-oriented environment
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills
· Adaptability to new situations and learn quickly
· Ability to research and find technology solutions and maintain awareness of emerging technology
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
· Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 24% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
· Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
· Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
· Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
· Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Showcase your unique skills and technical prowess at a company named to the CIO 100 and InformationWeek 500 lists!
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village
Employee Status: Regular