At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life - and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations.
Product Analyst - Senior
As a senior level Product Analyst, you'll be more than just a numbers person-you'll play a vital role in marketing our California insurance products. You will proactively build business cases, execute action plans and continue monitoring the impact on the P&L. Combining your leadership and analytical skills, you will lead the analytical efforts for growth and profitability of states within our product lines. You will make sense of data from various sources, work closely with other groups such as Pricing and Product Managers, and draw conclusions about how we can improve our product offering. You'll put your problem-solving experience and good business sense to the test as you develop project plans and present your ideas to co-workers and senior managers.
Required Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Math/Actuarial Science or related field of study
- Minimum of 3 years related professional experience (e.g., analytical work in a professional setting)
- Proven time management skills
- Demonstrated application of mathematics, statistics, probability and principles of finance to property casualty business problems
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently
- Demonstrated problems solving skills and ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Basic technical aptitude and experience in data manipulation using tools such as SAS, SQL, R or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced skills in Excel including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets, v-look-ups, pivot tables, charts and graphing
- Advanced MS office skills
- Ability to develop knowledge of Progressive's product and services
- Solid knowledge of mainframe reporting packages
- Ability to develop knowledge of Progressive's systems, databases and applications
- Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- Flexible work arrangements and casual dress
- Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k plan
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
- On-site clinical care and fitness center
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
- You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
- After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
- A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
- Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
- Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob: Business Analysis Primary Location: United States-California-Rancho Cordova Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular