At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Progressive has an exciting opportunity to be a Product Analyst in the Richmond, VA office supporting our North Carolina and D.C. auto businesses. As a Product Analyst, you'll be more than just a numbers person-you'll play a vital role in marketing our insurance products. You will proactively build business cases, execute action plans and continue monitoring the impact on the P&L. Combining your leadership and analytical skills, you will lead the analytical efforts for growth and profitability of states within our product lines. You'll put your problem-solving experience and good business sense to the test as you gain experience running your own business in complex states with unique regulatory environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed to be Successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study (Math, Economics, Finance, Math/Actuarial Science)
- 3-5+ years related professional experience (analytical work in a professional setting)
- Proven time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze data
- Intermediate technical experience or aptitude in data manipulation using tools such as SAS, SQL, R or equivalent
- Demonstrated application of mathematics, statistics, probability and principles of finance to property casualty business problems
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced skills in Excel including the ability to create, manipulate and formulate spreadsheets, v-look-ups, pivot tables, charts and graphing
- Advanced MS office skills
- Ability to gain a solid knowledge of Progressive's products, services, systems, databases and applications
- Solid knowledge of mainframe reporting packages
- Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- Flexible work arrangements and casual dress
- Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
- Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 401k plan
- Employee discounts
- Child care subsidy
- Relocation assistance to Richmond, VA available
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
- You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
- After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
- A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
- Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
- Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.Job: Business Analysis Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular