At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life- and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. Named one of the "Top Workplaces" by the Cleveland Plain Dealer! Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance
Senior Data Analyst
We are seeking a senior-level analyst to be a part of the Control group in Progressive Commercial Lines. This position involves quantitative analytical support for many facets of the Commercial auto and business insurance industries including Control, Marketing (both Direct and Agency), Research & Development (R&D), Pricing, Operations, Claims, Distribution, and PBL (profit by line).
As a successful candidate you will:
(1) Foster an inclusive environment on a team with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and skillsets in order to produce actionable results and drive strategic initiatives.
(2) Become an established subject matter expert in Commercial Lines Control strategy, process, and analytics in relationship to supporting the groups listed above.
(3) Collaborate with the groups listed above to build mathematical/statistical models that will offer solutions ranging from segmentation (e.g. High Value Customers, Growth Opportunities, Risk…) to root cause of data trends and anomalies. Ad-hoc analysis through database querying will be necessary.
(4) Support Direct-to-Consumer leadership through business health analysis, Broad Market spend analysis, and designing CBAs. Leveraging Google Analytics will be included in this work.
(5) Provide staffing recommendations to the Claims organization taking into account the evolving business climate from a process and technology vantage point.
(6) Partner with Commercial Lines Product Managers to build annual and long term plans focusing on forecasting growth and profitability metrics.
(7) Own monthly and quarterly reporting/commentaries (both historical and forecast, where applicable) pertaining to Marketing, Pricing, R&D, Reserving, and Expenses.
(8) Have experience with PBL and Expense tracking (not required).
(9) Demonstrate aptitude for working with cross-functional teams and presenting to high-level stakeholders.
A well-qualified candidate must have refined leadership, communication, and organizational abilities as well as the capability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, and make decisions based upon limited information.
* Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics
* 5 years business experience with 2 years analysis experience; or Master's degree
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel (knowledge of spreadsheet functionality: v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros)
* Database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format
* Proven aptitude for learning and using data analysis reporting tools
* Highly proficient in SAS and SQL programming
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
* Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
Benefits and Perks:
* Gainshare bonus of up to 30% (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
* Flexible work arrangements, casual dress, and great corporate culture
* Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
* Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* 401(k) plan
* Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate. Equal Opportunity EmployerJob: Business Analysis Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Highland Heights Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular