At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life- and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. Named one of the "Top Workplaces" by the Cleveland Plain Dealer! Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
Customer Relationship Management's OpX Performance Measurement & Analysis team has a challenging opportunity for a senior data analyst who:
* Demonstrates more interest in discovering the process, behavior, or other factor driving our performance than in developing the report that displays and narrates the results
* Can demonstrate an intermediate level of skill with the suite of Microsoft Office products as well as with data extraction techniques but loves the challenge of learning new applications and techniques to use in their role. A basic understanding of SAS/MBI is helpful but not required.
* Enjoys interacting with our customers to understand what/how they are motivated and can use this knowledge to develop reporting for these customers with a clear call to action
* Works well independently but provides regular communication on progress, challenges, and success on assigned initiatives
* Shares learning's and experiences with others on our team
* Is dedicated to continuous learning about our processes, our industry, and our performance outside of our own business silo.
If you believe you have the above skills, we encourage you to join the conversation with us on this opportunity!
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Needed to be Successful:
* Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics or Statistics
* 5 years business experience with 2 years analysis experience; or Master's degree
* Thorough understanding of business processes and systems knowledge
* Intermediate computer skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel (knowledge of spreadsheet functionality: v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros)
* Database experience including the ability to create PowerPoint graphs, tables and information reports in slide format
* Proven aptitude for learning and using data analysis reporting tools
* Highly proficient in SAS and SQL programming
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to prepare reports and conduct presentations
* Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
* Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
* Flexible work arrangements, casual dress, and great corporate culture
* Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
* Award winning, inclusive environment with Employee Resource Groups
* On-site clinical care and fitness center
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* 401(k) plan
* Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate. Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Business Analysis Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular