At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals-and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Our Legal Assistants handle complex tasks that are critical to the success of our law offices. Providing support to our attorneys, Legal Assistants take on duties that include preparing intricate legal documents and correspondences such as Motions and Pleadings. They also maintain files, answer phones, process time sensitive mail, schedule meetings and manage attorney schedules. An ideal candidate may have previous experience in a legal environment, including knowledge of litigation.
At least two years of Legal experience, preferably in Personal Injury.
Job: Legal Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Two years prior administrative work experience in a business office environment supporting a professional team
* Time management and organizational skills required to provide support to a large group of professionals
* Knowledge and understanding of Legal terminology and procedures
* Typing skills with special attention to grammar and accuracy
* Ability to operate a personal computer with a good working knowledge of the following software applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
* Listening, verbal and written communication skills
* Gainshare bonus of up to 16% of salary (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
* Award winning, supportive environment with Employee Resource Groups
* Tuition assistance
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
* 401(k) plan
* Employee discounts
* Child care subsidy
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
* You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
* After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
* A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
* Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
* Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer