At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Manages Analysts so they complete reserve reviews in a timely and accurate manner (including accurately downloading/uploading data, making reasonable adjustments and recommendations, documenting reviews and applying loss reserving concepts while efficiently utilizing Progressive's resources/tools)
- Mentors Analysts as they complete projects by helping them prioritize, and offering guidance and suggestions as needed
- Coordinates the reserve review process by scheduling reviews, ensuring that changes are accurately implemented and reported, communicating reserve changes and analysis with business and claims units, reconciling, reporting and monitoring aggregate impacts, trends and reserve adequacy
- Works with outside auditors as needed
- Manages projects including working with various areas such as IT, Tax, Risk Management, Claims, Financial Reporting, Marketing, Pricing, etc.
- Uses actuarial expertise to solve new and unique problems
- Leads initiatives to improve or develop model, processes and methodology
- Helps set Loss Reserving area policies and procedures
- Serves as a resource and provides actuarial expertise for Analysts and Product Management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Finance
- Associateship (ACAS) or Fellow (FCAS) designation
- 7+ years of actuarial experience, plus some data science preferred
- Strong mathematical, analytical and organizational skills with detail orientation
- Intermediate grasp of technical skills (e.g. personal computing, mainframe, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and apply advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to define problems and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to recommend and implement effective policies and procedures
- Proven ability leading a team of analysts
- Ability to work well in a team environment with individuals at all levels of the organization
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
- Gainshare bonus of up to 40% of salary (paid to all employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career advancement
- Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
- Casual dress
- Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym
- Onsite healthcare and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob: Actuarial Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular