At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Our bodily injury Claims Adjusters are an essential part of our team, managing the injury portion of a claim. You'll provide the support our customers' need, while ensuring claims are resolved swiftly.
We'll provide you with in-depth training so you can feel confident developing relationships with our customers. In this role, you'll analyze and determine the extent of Progressive's liability concerning loss and damages on a claim. Bring your strong negotiation and customer service expertise to us. In return you'll have the support of a collaborative team, which includes ongoing coaching.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Interprets policies and analyzes details gathered to determine the best course of action
* Prioritizes contact of various parties associated with the claim, ensuring efficiency
* Gathers details on status and treatment needed of those injured in an accident
* Evaluates and settles unrepresented bodily injury claims
* Determines liability (who's at fault for the damages)
* Negotiates with customers and other insurance carriers
* Bachelor's degree and one year of work experience in the claims insurance industry
* In lieu of a degree, a total of 3-5 years of work experience, some of which must be claims handling in the insurance industry and must include:
o Making decisions
o Solving problems
o Planning, prioritizing and organizing
o Effectively communicating verbally and in writing
o Customer service
* Valid driver's license
Benefits & Perks:
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. Progressive employees also benefit from:
* Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
* Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
* Wellness program with discounts & rewards
* Earning paid time off after first two weeks and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Apply now to find a job you'll love!
Equal Opportunity Employer Job: Claims Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Anchorage Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular