At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals—and love what you do
Why Progressive? We're an organization that celebrates and rewards hard work each and every day, with a goal of being a company people can trust.
Medical Representative – Mid-Level - Plymouth, MI
Working as a Medical Representative, you will have an opportunity to use your customer service and investigative skills to successfully manage the injury portion of auto claims. Every day is different as you work independently to resolve problems, research to understand the extent of injuries and negotiate with providers and attorneys to bring the claims to settlement. We're looking for someone with the skill to assess situations while investigating the details and effectively negotiating and bringing the injury claims to resolution.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 9am - 6pm (Must be available to work rotating Saturday)
• Identify wage loss expenses and wage exposures on medical claims
• Interact daily with customers taking statements and research medical records to understand nature and extent of injury and medical conditions
• Plan and conduct coverage investigations
• Evaluate medical claims for potential fraud issues, loss control and recovery in accordance with insurance policy contracts, medical bill coding rules and state regulations
• Review a variety of claims related mail each day, including claim forms, medical bills, medical records, and attorney correspondence
• Proficient in the use of various internet systems
• Knowledge of medical terminology, medical coding and local statutes (heavily preferred)
• Strong customer service and negotiating skills
• High School Diploma or GED
What Progressive Offers:
• Gainshare bonus (Our annual Gainshare bonus program rewards employees based on the company's achievement of annual performance objectives)
• Ongoing training, tuition assistance and opportunities for career advancement
• Award winning, supportive environment including Employee Resource Groups
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
• 401k plan
• Employee discounts
• Child care subsidy
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
• You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
• After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
• A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
• Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
• Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job: Claims Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Plymouth Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular