At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
Progressive's External Data (ExD) platform provides reliable and continuously available solutions and shared services that interface between internal systems and external/internal data providers. The data and services ExD provides supports core business functions such as underwriting, policy maintenance and claims.
We are looking for an experienced Mainframe/Client Server developer to join our service management team to support the MVR and CLUE application portfolios. Work types will include everything from large effort multi-platform projects to small operational work including production fixes and enhancements. Client Server experience is helpful but not required.
Candidates with any or all of the following technical skills would be preferred: DB2, COBOL, tableBASE, CICS Web Service, XML, SQL Server, C#, .NET, Stored Procedures and WCF. The ideal candidate will have strong technical development skills and expertise to drive the evolution of the applications within the External Data platform.
This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position requires participation in our on-call/off hours support rotation.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Software Development - understanding principals of software development and architecture
· Low Level Testing – create low level test plans and partner with QA for releases
· Application Roadmap – ensure development aligns to the business strategy and application roadmap
· SLA's/OLA's - ensure the applications continue to meet our defined agreements levels
· Disaster Recovery – deploy applications in secondary data center and update disaster recovery plans
· Incident & Problem Resolution – troubleshoot and resolve reported incidents and problems
· Application Support - Monitor application health to ensure functionality and availability and respond to demand requests
· Develop in-depth application knowledge
· Review and maintain SCM build/elevate scripts within the guidelines
· Deliver presentations (for example: application overviews) to other teams as requested, including IT and business groups
· SME/consulting for projects and requests
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology discipline or related field and minimum four years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications.
· In lieu of a degree, minimum of six years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted.
· Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
· Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
· Ability to analyze data from various sources and determine next actions
· Can work in a team-oriented environment
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to new situations and learn quickly
· Ability to research and find technology solutions and maintain awareness of emerging technology
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
· Annual Gainshare bonus of up to 30% of your salary! Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
· Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
· Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
· Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
· Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Relocation assistance to Colorado available; learn more about all Colorado Springs has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaNs-OfNL6E
Find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do. Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Employee Status: Regular