UW Platform Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Title: CI UW Platform Analyst
Reports to: CI UW Platform Manager (Sharon Ashton)
Basic functions of Position:
TheCI UW Platform Analyst is responsible for participatingin the development, enhancement and maintenanceof ad hoc applications/tools designedto fill prescribed “gap” technology needs in support of various CI areas andinitiatives.
The CI UW Platform Analyst works at the direction of the CI UW Platform Specialist. Based on project needs they work with members ofProduct Services, Branch Operation Services, Line of Business, Segmentand/or Field Operations staff to determine technology support needs and developsolutions.
Duties and Responsibilities of Position:
Provide subjectmatter expertise and support in the following areas as required/defined by eachproject/initiative engagement:
- Participate, as assigned, as a team member on assembled project team(s) charged with designing, developing and deploying selected projects/initiatives.
- Collaborate with other technical areas as needed to secure data needed to support ad hoc/stand-alone technology solutions that fulfill business needs.
- Contribute to the design of improved workflow/processes through the introduction/application of ad hoc / stand-alone technology solutions for assigned projects/initiatives.
- Create specific business requirements based on the agreed to process design for the development of an ad hoc application/tool for assigned projects/initiatives.
- Develop the ad hoc / stand-alone technology solution that fulfills the business requirements needed to support pilot or “gap” solutions in support of assigned projects/initiatives and follows CI ad hoc / stand-alone technology portfolio development protocols
- Develop and execute test cases and plans for ad hoc / stand-alone technology solutions designed to ensure production readiness of the solution.
- Coordinates knowledge transfer with CI IT.
- Maintain/enhance ad hoc / stand-alone technology solutions as needed to support pilot or “gap” solutions in support of assigned projects/initiatives.
- Support the decommissioning of ad hoc/stand-alone technology solutions as warranted by the introduction of enterprise solutions.
Knowledge and Skills:
The individual inthis position must meetthe following general requirements.
- Strong analytical skills and results orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong consulting (Business Process, IT, etc), interpersonal & collaboration, negotiation and influencing, and presentation/platform skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate design sessions to ensure technology solutions are clearly linked to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple project/initiatives simultaneously while ensuring timely delivery and expected results.
- Demonstrate solid to advanced proficiency in technical and business knowledge of Chubb's commercial and specialty processes, operating models, systems and data, and supporting areas; Claims, UWS, Field Operations, HR, Marketing/Communications, Corporate Communications, I/T, Training/Education, and Actuarial.
- Demonstrated proficient to advanced understanding of Chubb IT processes and procedures
- Strong skills in process efficiency evaluation and design concepts, project management concepts, data and metrics evaluation, and ROI concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and deploy solutions to complex organizational/process challenges using commercial off the shelf software
- Ability to evaluate specifications and requirements for current and upcoming projects with a focus on integration within the enterprise infrastructure
- Advanced skills in Access, Excel, VBA, and other related commercial off the shelf software used to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
Chubb Whitehouse - Hall's Mill
Whitehouse Station 08889-1600UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 14, 2016, 11:58:47 AM