AVP-BOP/Umbrella Product Lead - Standard Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
AVP – BOP/Umbrella Product Lead – Standard Lines
Chubb is the world'slargest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualtyinsurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance andlife insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished byits extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities,exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claimshandling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops andexecutes business unit product(s) strategy
- Executes product development strategy to achievefinancial results in the areas of profit, growth and expense. Disseminates key business metrics to staff.
- Participates in the product strategyand ensures execution of the strategic plan
- Provides subject matter expertise tothe development of relevant automation technology, product design, underwritingand operations. Understands and manages all aspects of the forms and filingprocess for these product segments.
- Creates, monitors and communicatesunderwriting directives for the products while ensuring a consistent approachand delivery across the products.
- Works with platform vendor on productdevelopment, ongoing enhancements, maintenance, defect management and UATtesting.
- Works with various support centers ofChubb Small Commercial to coordinate their efforts toward achieving profitableunderwriting results for the business unit. These units includeOperations, Claims, Actuarial, Legal, Loss Control, Compliance, CorporateUnderwriting and all other Chubb underwriting units.
- Develops value proposition and ensuresdistribution force is equipped to successfully market product to our agents.
- In collaboration with field staff,visits key customers as dictated by business needs. Acts as a customeradvocate; listens and develops solutions as appropriate.
- Minimum of 10 Years UnderwritingExperience including direct underwriting and coverage experience in standardlines, with strong background and experience in Worker's Compensation productunderwriting.
- Product Managementexperience in the small commercial market
- High level of Product knowledgeincluding:
- Exposure analysis
- Form & coverages
- Rating principles andmechanics
- Basic legal ®ulatory requirements
- Prior start up business launchexperience, with proven ability to build a scalable model that can grow withthe business
- Strong distribution and AgencyManagement experience
- Strategic thinker who has a vision forthe future of the business while also possessing strong management andoperating skills
- Strong organizational and timemanagement skills
- Strong verbal and written communicationskills
- Strong leadership skills
Chubb offers acompetitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package includinglife, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disabilitycoverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuitionreimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equalemployment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertainingto it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion,and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race,color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
For additionalinformation about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
Chubb Whitehouse - Hall's Mill Whitehouse Station 08889-1600UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 30, 2016, 8:21:26 AM