AVP, CIS Team Leader
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property andcasualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercialand personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident andsupplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diversegroup of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product andservice offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
CIS Team Leader AVP
· Supervise 10+underwriters and assist Department Manager with management responsibilitiesincluding financial information analysis and reporting, employee developmentand training, agent and producer relationship development, achieving renewalretention goals and assist in meeting financial goals for $100 million book ofcommercial business handled by the underwriters you supervise.
· Manage referralsfrom this group as well as referrals from our Commercial Express book of $40million.
· In addition tothese responsibilities, the Team Leader may handle a $3 million book ofcommercial middle-market package business; and will be responsible for:
o Managing profit andretention for the assigned territory and book of business within the followinglines of business/market segments: general liability, property, worker'scompensation, automobile and umbrella.
o Soliciting, riskselection and analysis (including documentation), pricing and sales of productsand services for renewal business.
· Successfulmarket penetration and agency management including:
o Acting as a key contactto build, maintain and manage customer/producer relationships (includingregular agency visits based on business need).
o Assist with agencyplanning and goal setting including monitoring of progress.
o Identifying and drivingcross sell opportunities.
· Meeting with renewalcustomers as part of a Chubb team, to make sales presentations and negotiate coverage's,price, financial terms and service delivery, as necessary.
· Working in a teamenvironment with Underwriters, Loss Control, Claims and Operations.
· Meeting servicestandards of a customer focused strategy.
· Collecting andsharing competitor data with team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial multi line underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices.
- Demonstrate Strong technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
- Proven, successful, sales skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to function in a leadership capacity for a diverse group of underwriters with varying levels of experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package andcomprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, agenerous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan,flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance withall laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment,training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities ofemployment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexualorientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information,veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chubb Whitehouse - Hall's Mill
Whitehouse Station 08889-1600UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 16, 2016, 12:07:15 PM