Senior Underwriter - Westchester Binding
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Senior Underwriter SG24 for Westchester Binding
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 5-7 years' experience underwriting small to medium size property and casualty insurance – preferably in the contract binding space
- Work within established underwriting authority to evaluate and price new business
- May work on larger or more complex accounts
- May be asked to develop or train other underwriters
· Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
· Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
· Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
· Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
· Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Develop effective agency relationships to influence submission flow
- Develop understanding of key underwriting strategies
- Demonstrate experience and ability to adequately document underwriting files according to audit standards
- Show ability to build excellent relationships with producing agents and within the Westchester organization
- Participate in discussions on product development, underwriting procedures, strategies and best practices
- Ideal candidates will have/be:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Travel expectation – quarterly basis to assigned agents/territory
West Chester 19355UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 16, 2016, 1:20:45 PM