- Career Level
- Not Specified
Job Title: MPCI Underwriter
Reports to: MPCI Supervisor, Senior MPCI Underwriter, Office Manager, or Assistant Office Manager
Purpose: Learn and apply the underwriting rules and procedures to process crop insurance policies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Enters information into the computer, including policy information, production data, acreage report data, etc. and updates records. Confirms accuracy of information against edits and corrects errors.
- Communicates by phone and by letter with agents, FSA county offices, field personnel, and policyholders to obtain information, records, and to answer questions and inquiries.
- Reviews and analyzes scanned document images and routes to appropriate work queues.
- Prepares, prints, and analyzes a variety of reports and policy forms.
- Assists with training of Underwriting Assistant and part-time personnel, as necessary.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn MPCI program and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to learn and understand what information is needed to process insurance policies, FCIC rules and regulations, policy provision, etc. Ability to understand printed policy information, such as manuals, handbooks, and actuarial documents and to apply information to work tasks.
- Basic keyboarding skills, ten-key skills, and the ability to rapidly and accurately enter information into the computer.
- Ability to comprehend agents' questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to learn and apply company terminology, processes, and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School or GED required and at least 6 months as an Underwriter Assistant at Rain and Hail or at least one year of previous crop underwriting experience or a baccalaureate degree.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Rain and Hail has been America's most trusted crop insurance provider for more than 90 years. We thrive on the constantly changing industry, setting the pace for knowledge, technology and support. We have strategically placed offices throughout the country, creating small work environments in the largest company in the industry. Our locations allow us to support American agriculture and farmers nationwide, providing the localized service our agents and policyholders have relied on since 1918. Backed by Chubb, the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty company insurer, Rain and Hail is truly a leader of the industry, looking for the best and brightest to continue our legacy today and tomorrow.Qualifications
Johnston Urbandale 50131UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Aug 17, 2016, 12:26:49 PM