Assistant PSU Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Job Title: Assistant PSU Manager
Department: Processing Support Unit
Reports to: PSU Manager
Purpose: Assist the PSU Manager to manage, delegate, assign, provide assistance, and monitor progress of all work processes throughout the PSU. Help supervise all PSU employees as well as temporary workers in conjunction with Express Employment Professionals.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help the PSU Manager plan, organize, review, audit, and supervise the work flow of the PSU in a fashion that provides timely, efficient and professional service to Divisions, Agents, and Policyholders.
- Help plan, organize, review, audit and supervise the work, productivity and behavior of temporary workers which will require ordering or releasing the appropriate number of temporary workers to meet the daily workload.
- Assist in recruitment, supervision, training and review of PSU Supervisors, Underwriters, Claims/QC Auditors and temporary workers.
- Oversee the design, preparation and revisions of documentation of work procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Must have casual knowledge of PSU procedures which include
- Job assignment and staffing
- One Rain and Hail Underwriting procedures
- One Rain and Hail Claims & QC procedures
- Workflow system
Review and audit
Must have casual knowledge in the following software components :
- Microsoft Office Suite and Access data bases
- Windows user interface
Specific job duties include
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, training and review of all full time employees.
- Help manage the physical space PSU utilizes to ensure a productive and safe work environment exists which includes scheduling and securing the resources needed on all shifts.
- Assist in the oversight of Production Department to ensure efficient operation with attention to service levels to our division offices.
- Help monitor PSU quality control checks and audit procedures.
- Assist I.T. Management in budgeting and personnel issues.
Other work duties as assigned by I.T. management
Assists with all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and the ability to follow PSU procedures that relate to the work assigned, including
- Job assignment and control
- Labor and job logs
- Review and audit
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the following software: Professional, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe tools, Network basics for file transfers and management, and other software required for specific assignments.
- Ability to train assigned workforce.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn Rain and Hail's products, services, and systems.
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn the terminology used by the insurance industry and the company.
- Professional communication and people skills.
- Ability to work independently under general supervision.
- Flexible work schedule as priorities dictate.
- Valid driver's license for duties involving local travel.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain positive business relationships with company personnel, outside resources, and customers.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to be organized and multitask.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral or written communication.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to assist in other work related areas as required.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School diploma or GED required, B.S./B.A. in business or equivalent experience. Previous supervisory experience required.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.Johnston Urbandale 50131UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 9, 2016, 7:37:22 AM