- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largestpublicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries,Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance,personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insuranceto a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensiveproduct and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptionalfinancial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertiseand local operations globally.
We are currently seeking a highlymotivated and outgoing business professional to join the organization in anunderwriting position. This individual will be responsible for newbusiness production of the various NACI P&C segments including package,auto, WC, umbrella and international commercial lines of business. This exciting and fast-paced opportunity willallow the individual to improve their underwriting skills, expand theirindustry knowledge and further develop their marketing abilities while workingon a diverse risk portfolio.
Key objectives includeunderstanding and managing risks, contributing proportionately to productiongoals, meeting or exceeding business unit service standards, building or improvingtrading partner relationships, demonstrating sound underwriting discipline anddisplaying a “can do” attitude.
MAJOR DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties and responsibilities mayinclude but are not limited to:
• Solicit new businessopportunities from assigned brokers
• Execute on key individual andbusiness unit performance goals
• Foster account expansionthrough cross-selling and up-selling initiatives
• Create, maintain and improvebroker relationships through excellent customer service
• Reply to all inquiries within a24 hour period
• Ownership and management ofproduction within assigned underwriting territory(ies)
• Utilize “Underwriter BestPractices” as a guide to prioritize business unit objectives and execute onunderwriting fundamentals
• Promote visibility ofInternational Advantage through marketing efforts, industry events andnetworking opportunities
• 3 - 5 years underwritingexperience
• Bachelor's degree, preferablyin Risk Management
• Insurance industry designation,such as CPCU or ARM
• Comprehensive understanding ofinsurance industry including in-depth knowledge of underwriting concepts,practices, and procedures, preferably with a focus on international risks
• Strong negotiation, marketingand problem-solving skills
• Highly capable of prioritizingand multi-tasking
• Outstanding oral, presentation,and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word,Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Travel Percentage: 5% - 10%
Chubb offers a competitivecompensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, healthand dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, andbusiness casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employmentopportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Ourpolicy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditionsor opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age,sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, geneticinformation, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protectedby law.
Chubb Seattle - Fifth Avenue
Seattle 98104UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 30, 2016, 9:40:01 AM