Senior Surety Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Sr. Surety UnderwriterII (Field)
• Works within the broadestlimits - under very limiteddirection – and exercisesan elevated level of authority on highly complexassignments.
• Manages the underwriting processbyutilizing a broad rangeof financial expertise, industryknowledge,and business acumen. Drives the dual underwriting processbyproviding intelligent, wellthoughtout recommendations.
• Has an acute awareness of industry trends andexternal economic factors, and extrapolates what the impact of such trends and factors will be on our businessand our customers' business. Changestactics or strategies to reflect suchtrends.
• Establishes the Company's presence in assigned territories via relationship building withboth internal and externalcustomers, and by providingsuperior service to both internal andexternal customers.
• Proven source of new businessopportunities given strong underwriting skillsand understanding of Chubb's appetite.
• Demonstrates independentdecision making,and has demonstrated leadershipqualities.
• Provides advice regarding industry knowledge to internal and external constituents,and is recognized as atrusted advisor by agents andcustomers.
• Dedicates time as a senior underwritingresource, providing adviceto developingunderwriters, UAs, and other functionalareas.
• Takes responsibilityfor the fulfillment of department goals establishedfor profit, service, and relationship management withbranches, home office, producers, accounts, competitors andother Chubb departments.
• Uses discipline and available underwriting and pricing tools to reduce risk profile across a widespectrum of business, and to managecosts in order to meet targetedprofitability metrics.
The candidate will have experience in ConstructionSurety underwriting, exhibiting knowledge of construction industry players,processes, terminology and trends. Strong sales and marketingskills are critical; able to position accounts and effectively optimize thedual underwriting process. Must be ableto demonstrate success in marketing, producer management, new businessdevelopment and the ability to successfully negotiate on all levels with bothinternal and external partners and to nurture producer relations. Through financial analysis, evaluatesclient's capacity to meet its obligations and evaluates strategic options andopportunities, recommending effective practical alternatives. Determines appropriate rate within pricingstrategy. Examines contract terms andconditions to assess and mitigate risk levels for the client and forChubb. Deliver timely quality of serviceto internal and external customers (clients, agents, co-workers, etc). Demonstrated effective oral and writtencommunication skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience
Chubb San Fran-One California
San Francisco 94111UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Jul 27, 2016, 5:13:06 PM