Senior Global Casualty Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publiclytraded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubbprovides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personalaccident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to adiverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive productand service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
Details of this critical openingfollow:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are notlimited to:
- Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers
- Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans
- Binds coverage
- Documents the underwriting files
- Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority
- Guides and mentors junior staff.
- At least 5+ years underwriting experience
- Experience with multiple lines of insurance
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of insurance industry
- Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Oral and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Marketing skills
- Basic leadership skills.
Chubb offers a competitivecompensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, healthand dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, andbusiness casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employmentopportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Ourpolicy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and otherconditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
San Francisco - 455 Market St
San Francisco 94105UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Aug 12, 2016, 6:55:49 AM