Financial Lines- Senior Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb North America Commercial Insurance (NACI) offers a comprehensive solution for middle market commercial customers' insurance needs. Chubb NACI underwrites and sells a wide range of property, casualty, professional liability and management liability lines of insurance, including Package, Workers Compensation, Auto, General Liability, Umbrella, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions for worldwide exposures. Our multi-line approach and segment expertise create a unique offering that our customers and agents/brokers appreciate. Our segments are built on an intimate knowledge of our customers' industry, enabling us to provide the best products and services to meet their needs.
We are seeking a Private Not for Profit (PNP) Senior Underwriter for the Portland, Oregon branch office. The successful candidate must have a track record of success in Financial Lines. See below for additional detail.
Revenue Generation and Distribution Management
Will work closely with the Portland NACI Manager on the following:
- P&L accountability for Portland Retail PNP(Small and NACI), with responsibility for premium, profitability, growth, retention, and expense plans/results
- Manages execution of new Small and NACI underwriting and renewal underwriting strategy
- Creates marketing strategy and coordinates marketing and production activities for Portland Retail PNP (Small and NACI) portfolio
- Directs business development activities and provides guidance for implementing sales and/or product launches
- Manages local producer relationships and product education/appetite; serves as point person for key local producers
- Partners / Collaborates with USB/NBS to maximize new and renewal efficiency of Small and NACI PNP Business that attaches to the Portland Retail agency plant.
- Drives and actively manages lead generation through development of a robust prospect pipeline.
- Drives Growth initiatives for Portland Retail PNP (NACI and Small) – Cyber on 3.0, Cross Sell with legacy CCI, Decision Point, Alliances.
Personal Book of Business:
- Financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and growth, of a $2.5 million personal book of business consisting of D&O, EPL, Cyber, MPL, Crime, K/R and Fiduciary lines
- Successful personal market penetration and agency management including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Developing personal agency strategy and goals with continual monitoring of progress
- Identifying cross sell opportunities within commercial products and services on personal book of business.
- Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within PNP guidelines and ensuring proper documentation
- Developing and negotiating price, coverage, and terms and conditions for all new business and renewals and actively identifying account rounding opportunities
- Meeting with producers and renewal customers to make sales presentations including product education and new product roll out
- Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing and home office product management
- Consistently meeting service standards
- Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team, including industry trending and development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated technical expertise in Financial Lines
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in sales, marketing and negotiation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment while executing all Corporate Strategies
- Sound, balanced, and timely decision making skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience underwriting Financial Lines
Preferably 7 to 10 years + Underwriting / Coaching / Mentoring experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications
Chubb Portland - SW 5th Ave.
Portland 97204-2018UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 19, 2016, 11:12:35 AM