Sr. Underwriting Assistant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Underwriting AssistantPosition is located in the Pittsburgh Branch Office
The Underwriting Associate contributes to the achievements of CIS goals as well as corporate goals relating to profit, retention, service and producer/client management. Duties include the following:
• Analyzes account specific information (including and not limited to loss information, driver information, financials, and loss reports) and prepares risk reports for referral to the UW.
• Develops information and recommendations, based upon account analysis.
• Determines strategy in conjunction with the underwriter.
• Reviews submission information with the underwriter, coordinates the quote process with the CSR and completes the risk report on all new business.
• Completes all issuance instructions, including forms, coverages and final premium.
• Ensures electronic file integrity.
• Includes dual accountability to Operations and Commercial Insurance
- Demonstrates math aptitude, knowledge of rating systems, underwriting rate/rule manuals.
- Proficient in on line reference manuals and familiar with other regulatory agencies.
- Must have knowledge of electronic systems, underwriting principles, policy forms and the ability to recognize exposure to loss.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry and multi- line insurance coverages
- Demonstrated ability for analysis and strong independent decision making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining workload and assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required for both internal and external customer contact
- Strong PC navigation and systems skills, including but not limited to knowledge of Windows
- operating system, the internet, Word, and Excel
- Solid organizational and time management skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrated track record of success in current and prior positions
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb's Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb's policy.Qualifications
Chubb Pittsburgh - Fifth Ave.
Pittsburgh 15222-3008UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 26, 2016, 8:20:35 PM