- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Job Title: MPCI Underwriter
Reports to: MPCI Supervisor, Senior MPCI Underwriter, Office Manager, or
Assistant Office Manager
Purpose: Learn and apply the underwriting rules and procedures to process crop insurance policies.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Enters information into the computer, including policy information, production data, acreage report data, etc. and updates records. Confirms accuracy of information against edits and corrects errors.
- Communicates by phone and by letter with agents, FSA county offices, field personnel, and policyholders to obtain information, records, and to answer questions and inquiries.
- Reviews and analyzes scanned document images and routes to appropriate work queues.
- Prepares, prints, and analyzes a variety of reports and policy forms.
- Assists with training of Underwriting Assistant and part-time personnel, as necessary.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or the ability to learn MPCI program and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to learn and understand what information is needed to process insurance policies, FCIC rules and regulations, policy provision, etc. Ability to understand printed policy information, such as manuals, handbooks, and actuarial documents and to apply information to work tasks.
- Basic keyboarding skills, ten-key skills, and the ability to rapidly and accurately enter information into the computer.
- Ability to comprehend agents' questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to learn and apply company terminology, processes, and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability o remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School or GED required and at least 6 months as an Underwriter Assistant at Rain and Hail or at least one year of previous crop underwriting experience or a baccalaureate degree.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Peoria 61615UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Dec 23, 2015, 11:38:59 AM