Vice President - Representations and Warranties Insurance Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Representations and Warranties Insurance Underwriter
We are seeking a lawyer with practical M&A deal experience from a top law firm to apply their technical legal skills to a dynamic insurance group by focusing on underwriting commercial transactions and offering representations and warranty insurance (both buy and sell side). These insurance policies enable deal participants, private equity and strategic buyers and sellers, to efficiently allocate transactional risks, increase deal value and maximize returns by alleviating capital constraints and bridge gaps in deals that may not otherwise close.
- Review and analysis of public and private M&A transaction documentation and due diligence reports in order to identify deal risks and issue representation and warranty insurance coverage.
- Negotiate and draft insurance policy terms and language specifically addressing the risk and issues in each transaction.
- Collaborate with and supervise outside counsel hired to represent ACE with due diligence on each transaction.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with M&A insurance brokers, lawyers, private equity firms, deal principals and internal ACE colleagues.
- Attend and/or present at seminars, conferences and marketing events focusing on transactional risk insurance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Practicing attorney with 4+ years of corporate M&A experience at top-tier law firm with detailed understanding of complex corporate structuring and financing arrangements.
- Experience in running legal aspects of M&A transactions.
- Specific knowledge of transactional legal exposures (warranty breaches, tax structuring issues, price adjustment mechanisms, litigation, and computation and measure of damages).
- Ability to comprehend financial statements and comfort addressing tax issues and other commercial matters.
- Specific experience with procuring or negotiating representations and warranties insurance on behalf of deal clients is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong negotiating and legal contract drafting skills.
- Comfortable working with and instructing outside counsel.
- Self-starter, highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively within a team environment is essential.
- Organized, and able to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and deal-time pressures.