Underwriting Team Leader
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubbis the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. Withoperations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property andcasualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance,reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company isdistinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broaddistribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwritingexcellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Asa key member of the group, the Underwriting Manager will contribute to theachievement of profitable production growth of property & casualtybusiness. In addition this position is responsible for establishing andcultivating business relationships with brokers, clients and other relevantspheres of influence to assure the continued flow of new business opportunities.
- Evaluate, select, underwrite, price, quote and maintain profitable new and renewal P&C business
- Provide coaching and mentoring to a team of two underwriters
- Manage underwriting and rate strategies that garner profitability, promote book growth and lead to successful producer relationships
- Work at developing and implementing marketing plans with brokers and clients
- Coordinate production efforts with other Chubb underwriting lines of business to identify account expansion opportunities
- College degree in insurance, business or related fields or equivalent experience.
- At least 5-7 years of experience in commercial multi-line underwriting
- Strong sales and marketing skills are critical; must be able to demonstrate successful agency and broker management, including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships
- Superior communication, interpersonal, organizational and negotiating skills
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies expected
- Previous management experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills preferred
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York-1133 Ave of the Ameri
New York 10036UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 50 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 2, 2016, 7:38:35 AM