- Career Level
- Not Specified
Underwriting Associate, Transactional Risk
Chubb is the world's largestpublicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries,Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance,personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and lifeinsurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by itsextensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities,exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claimshandling expertise and local operations globally.
- Files all incoming broker submission emails and related documents in dedicated deal folders in the X Drive;
- Identifies and routes all NDA and NRL requests from brokers to the Transactional Risk Paralegal (when hired);
- Prepares daily submission review schedule to be sent each morning; showing submissions, descriptions and due dates over the subsequent five day period.
- Schedules daily team meetings and manages calendar invites and updates weekly schedule accordingly;
- Ensures invoices are accurately prepared and sent; registers premium, including coding of reinsurance;
- Monitors collections of UW Fees and premium;
- Maintains weekly Tracker spreadsheet and ensures deals are accurately loaded into Tracker;
- Sends reminders to the team for outstanding NBILs, Overviews or other documents that need to be loaded into X Drive;
- Manages OFAC inquiries from Richmond team with UW assistance;
- Manages team vacation calendar;
- Assists underwriters with filing relevant documents in deal folders during deal underwriting.
- Policy Issuance
The individual in this position must have strong communication, multi-tasking,and organizational skills. In addition, the individual must demonstrate thefollowing skills:
• Mathematical aptitude.
• Knowledge of standardized workflows, roles and responsibilities, andcompliance requirements.
• Knowledge of all applicable rating and issuance systems.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of underwriting principles, underwriting information, policycoverages and key endorsements.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts and terminology.
• Ability to organize work and perform within time constraints.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
• College degree preferred but will consider High School diploma
• Previous experience in a similar role preferred
Chubb offers a competitive compensation packageand comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, agenerous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan,flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliancewith all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provideemployment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions oropportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, geneticinformation, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protectedby law.
New York-1133 Ave of the Ameri
New York 10036UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 100 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 26, 2016, 3:02:40 PM