Underwriting Associate II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Currently, Chubb is seeking an Underwriting Associate (UA) to support North America Commercial Insurance in the New York office. The UA contributes to the success of the underwriting goals as well as corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewal retention, service, and producer/client management. The UA analyzes account specific information (including but not limited to loss information, financials, compliance and loss control reports) and prepares risk reports for referral to Underwriters; develops recommendations based on account analysis that will be used as the basis for renewal strategy; determines pricing strategy in conjunction with Underwriter; coordinates the renewal process for the Underwriter; reviews submission information with the Underwriter; is accountable for the quotation, rate, book and issue processes for policies and endorsements; and ensures electronic file integrity. This operations position has dual accountability to underwriting management.
• Researches and provides underwriting analysis of account information and formulates recommendations on risk acceptability and ensures overall regulatory compliance.
• Compiles and documents risk analysis and ensures integrity of electronic files.
• Coordinates account processing and servicing.
• Review, verify and publish all documents.
• Researches and follow up on Producer inquiries.
• Serves as the first-line point of contact for internal and external contacts on account related matters.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Aptitude for compiling, evaluating and interpreting detailed information and data.
• Ability to track outstanding assignments and follow through with others as necessary
• Ability to remain composed and professional when confronted on business issues by internal and external contacts
• Enjoys working in a traditional office setting with minimal time spent traveling out of the office
• Ability to independently multi-task and respond to changing business priorities
• Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide variety of people on a daily basis in person, via telephone and email
• Proficiency in expressing oneself clearly and effectively verbally and in writing
• Must be highly organized and able to manage work time/activities in a structured environment with predetermined deadlines (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
• Ability to recognize and evaluate exposure to loss
• Demonstrates solid, consistent technical proficiency of Underwriting, Compliance Guidelines and underlying risk management philosophy
• Previous insurance experience strongly preferred
Chubb NYC - Water St.
New York 10041-2899UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Aug 11, 2016, 6:57:07 AM