Underwriting Associate I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Chubb Global Casualty Domestic- National Accounts)
To provide technical Underwriting and administrative support to National Accounts Underwriting unit in accordance with service standards.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle the most complex National Accounts submissions (workers' compensation, general liability and automobile liability) and set up new policies.
- Assist in Pre renewal internal account strategies on all assigned accounts. Identify proper forms and endorsements used in policy construction.
- Handle general correspondence, endorsements, and renewal letters. Review renewal & new business submissions for completeness.
- Complete and submit instructions for rating of workers' compensation, general liability and automobile liability lines of business to processing center
- Request rates, reports, and other information from various State bureaus and process bureau Criticisms to conclusion.
- Process and submit policy issuance instructions on behalf of Underwriter. Review policies upon receipt for accuracy, submit corrections and ensure policy delivery to brokers.
- Initiate UM/UIM forms, DMV reporting, Posting notices, Filings, & Workers Compensation CAT models.
- Communicate with all levels of employees to include, but not limited to, producers and internal personnel to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Ability to effectively manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Provide technical underwriting & Training Support for Underwriting teams.
- Maintain service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Handle special projects as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 3-5 years of insurance experience preferably in a National accounts setting; minimum of 2 years commercial underwriting support experience.
· Strong data entry and computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and various internal programs.
· Typing speed- 45 words per minute
- Solid understanding of insurance terminology and utilization of various systems (example: Reference connect: Silver Plume, NCCI, ISO, Various state bureaus).
- Knowledge of rating of for workers' compensation, general liability and automobile liability lines of business.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast paced, production oriented environment.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong Team skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York-1133 Ave of the Ameri
New York 10036UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 12, 2016, 2:55:23 PM