Sr. Underwriter, Global Casualty
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Sr. Underwriter – Global Casualty
Chubb is the world'slargest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubbprovides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personalaccident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to adiverse group of clients.
Chubb Global Casualty (CGC) Domestic is looking for an applicant tofill the position of Senior Underwriter in our New York Branch. Formerly ACE Risk Management, CGC is thelargest operating division in Chubb Major Accounts; our focus is Fortune 1,000companies with risk taking appetites. We offer customized & complex primaryloss sensitive programs tailored to our client's business needs andoperations. The core lines of businessinclude: Workers Compensation, General Liability and Auto Liability.
The Senior Underwriter will:
- Handle day-to-day servicing for a book of large, complex,loss-sensitive accounts.
- Be responsible for growth and retention of assigned book.
- Negotiate the annual pricing, terms and conditions on renewalbusiness.
- Work on new business opportunities with key brokerage houses inthe NY Metro Region, design and propose appropriate program structures andpricing for said opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with their brokers and clients.
- Develop a pipeline with our major trading partners, as well asengaging other business units for cross-selling opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5+ yearsunderwriting experience including time spent in the primary casualty losssensitive space
- Proficiency in MicrosoftOffice Suite
- Presentation and publicspeaking skills
- Strong negotiations skills
- Local broker and insurancemarketplace relationships
- Knowledge andunderstanding of current insurance marketplace conditions
- Understanding andadherence to organizational and regulatory rules, and ability to adhere to underwritingauthority
- Understanding of WorkersCompensation, General Liability, and Auto Liability Insurance coverage, termsand conditions – included but not limited to ISO AL & GL and NCCI WorkersCompensation coverage forms and endorsements.
- Understanding of largedeductible programs and the credit and collateral implications of such programs
- Ability to identify riskexposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability toselect risk based on exposure and hazard analysis. Ability to analyze claimsand loss trends
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensivebenefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generousretirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexiblespending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equalemployment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertainingto it. Our policy is to provideemployment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions oropportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, geneticinformation, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protectedby law.
Chubb NYC - Water St. New York 10041-2899UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 15, 2016, 3:10:59 PM