- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb has maintained its reputation and financial stability with underwriting expertise, unparalleled customer service, unique industry-specific specialization and a deep respect for all of our employees.
Currently, Chubb is seeking a Casualty Underwriter for the New York, NY office.
• Handles complex Casualty Real Estate risks
• Identifies local market opportunities working with local underwriting staff
• Aggressively researches and analyzes Real Estate industry trends (insurance and customer) to stay current, and identify emerging issues affecting business plans, new product and service opportunities
• Initiate and sustain close relationships with Casualty Real Estate accounts, producers, industry associations and specialized service providers, that directly enhance segment or Line of Business (LOB) standing
• Effectively market and support Real Estate industry segment or LOB product and service initiatives
• Collaborate with loss control, RMIS Dimensions Division, Gallagher Bassett, ESIS, Chubb & Son Claims Department, and other Chubb business units to implement I Real Estate industry segment or LOB business plans, and service standards
• Initiate and support ways to exploit Chubb's global capabilities
• Accountable for achieving assigned goals for profit, rate, and growth
• Responsible for overall management of all assigned renewal accounts
• Point person for all new business production, and sales and marketing within assigned zone/region
• Must have exceptional documentation and risk analysis skills
• Interprets and compares global coverage and exposures in multi-jurisdictions, while complying with all regulatory mandates
Book Management/Pricing Skills:
• Utilizes current data and initiates customized information to interpret pricing and exposure trends in Real Estate account management process
• Initiates appropriate actions to sustain profit on the Real Estate Casualty Book
• Develops pricing proposals utilizing advanced techniques (SMART and the Profit Calculation spreadsheet)
• Recognizes and evaluates the impact of risk transfer and various pricing mechanisms, and recommends appropriate action to enhance long-term profitability of CCI Real Estate Casualty book.
• Offers creative solutions that contribute to achievement of Real Estate Casualty business results
• Recognizes and advocates certain expectations to underwriting standards and creates viable options
• Assesses rate adequacy of Real Estate Casualty book relative to exposure assumed
• Interactive process of developing and satisfying existing and prospective producers/customers consistent with Chubb's underwriting objectives
Travel: Minimum of 30% travel within the United States.
• Strong marketing, sales and presentation skills are required
• Ability to develop strong broker relationships
• Must have excellent negotiation and communication skills
• Must exhibit solid team orientation with proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing business environment
• Ability to work well internally with varying levels of zone/branch management and underwriting personnel on communicating Real Estate Practice appetite/issues
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Chubb NYC - Water St. New York 10041-2899UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Jun 1, 2016, 3:04:51 PM