Senior Underwriter II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Senior Underwriter, New York City
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is currently seeking a Commercial Insurance Underwriter for our in New York City office. The ideal candidate will have insurance underwriting experience in multi-line package, foreign, and large account casualty business. Will be responsible for driving profitable growth with New York City agents and brokers. Underwriter will focus on writing package, auto, workers compensation, and international lines with a strong emphasis on Financial Institutions.
Underwriter Responsibilities Include:
- Underwriting responsibility to manage a renewal book of $10M and generate new business of approximately $1.5M annually.
- This underwriter will handle package, auto, workers compensation, and international lines with a strong focus on Financial Institutions.
- Implementing and managing effective pricing and underwriting strategies which include: developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business and renewals while actively identifying account rounding opportunities for other Chubb practices.
- Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing, and home office management as necessary.
- Must implement and manage effective pricing and rate strategies that will produce profitability, book growth, and successful producer relations.
- Build, maintain and manage successful producer relationships to achieve retention and new business development.
- Meeting with new and renewal customers, individually or as part of a Chubb team, to make sales presentations and negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery.
- Working in a team environment with other Underwriters and , Underwriting Associate
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate on all levels and develop producer relationships.
- Strong track record of service orientation and teamwork
- Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies
- Strong background in risk analysis
- Demonstrated technical expertise and product knowledge in Commercial Insurance.
- Aptitude to attract and retain profitable business.
- Strong interpersonal, written communication skills with a focus on quality.
- Experience underwriting multiple lines of insurance
- Highly motivated, results oriented with solid business and underwriting acumen.
- Knowledge and proficiency with technical issues, compliance, coverage, products and pricing strategies
- Strong computer skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 7-10 years of underwriting experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Chubb NYC - Water St. New York 10041-2899UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 50 % of the TimeJob Posting - Aug 4, 2016, 9:22:15 AM