- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubbis the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. Withoperations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property andcasualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance,reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company isdistinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broaddistribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwritingexcellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Currently,Chubb Commercial Insurance is seeking an Entertainment Underwriter for the NewYork City office.
This Entertainment UnderwriterPosition is accountable for:
• Financial performance, including profit, rate, retention and growth of a $8Mbook of business, including new and renewal
• Proactively and methodically identifying opportunities for growth within newand existing production sources and developing and executing a new businessgrowth strategy including developing prospects. New business expectation of $1.7M
• Deep market penetration and broker management including building andmaintaining producer /customer relationships (multi state broker/insuredtravel, 15-20% annually)
• Developing broker business plans and goals along with continual monitoringand communication back to broker progress and results.
• Providing consultative business solutions to customers and identifying crosssell opportunities within Chubb products and services
• Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within Chubb guidelines and ensuringproper documentation
• Developing and negotiating price, coverage, terms and conditions for all newbusiness, renewals and actively identifying account rounding opportunities
• Meeting with producers and new and renewal customers to give salespresentations; including product education and new product roll out
• Maximizing resources and collaborating with Underwriters, Operations, Claims,Marketing and home office Product Management
• Consistently meeting service standards
• Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team; including trendingand development
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Solid knowledge of underwriting and insurance industry theories andpractices, a solid understanding of monoline property, package, generalliability, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella business
• Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge withexperience handling new and renewal business in accordance with establishedunderwriting guidelines
• Strong analytical skills including risk research and financial analysis
• Demonstrated high proficiency in sales and marketing
• Strong interpersonal communication and
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and externalbusiness partners; including insurance Broker/Agents, insured's, etc.
• Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects; abilityto rapidly adjust strategy based on market trends
• Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment
• Sound, balanced and timely decision making skills
• Collaborative approach to successfully work in a team based environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit to take initiative based on own inner vision todeliver profitable results.
• Experience on Entertainment business is a plus but not a requirement
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
New York-1133 Ave of the Ameri
New York 10036UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 21, 2016, 8:46:37 AM