Executive Underwriter, Chubb Excess Energy
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This role will be based in the Chubb Houston office.
The Executive Underwriter will execute the established action plans for Chubb Excess Casualty-Energy. This position will be responsible for the execution of the overall business strategy and also directly responsible for achieving Profitability & Production Goals, meeting Overall Branch Administrative Standards, and actively participating in various assignments for the Chubb Excess Casualty Energy team (specifically related to portfolio management and broker/customer targeting and management).
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Position will be responsible for the following activities:
PROFITABILITY & PRODUCTION
Ø Goal Achievement - Delivering upon the established New and Renewal business goals as provided by the Unit Team Leader.
Ø Growth Strategies – Directly responsible for executing upon the assigned roles per the written regional marketing plans & strategies. This includes:
· Key Broker & Client Relations including Sales Calls & attendant strategies
· Completing Target Account responsibilities & Cross-Sell strategies
· Attending various Industry Specific Functions or Forums as outlined in the overall Marketing Plan
Ø Underwriting Integrity – Following and adhering to all underwriting standards as they are outlined for the Chubb Excess Casualty-Energy unit. Included in this will be:
· Target Risk Selection
· Pricing & Attachments including Rate Change Goals
· Terms & Conditions
Ø Ensuring the unit achievement of all standards with regards to all administrative responsibilities as outlined in the Chubb Excess Casualty Operations Manual, including:
· Timely & Accurate Policy Issuance
· Timely & Accurate Billings
· Manuscript Form & Endorsement processes
· File Construction and Documentation
· Achievement of Premium Goals & Budgets
· Adherence to Underwriting Goals, Guidelines & Objectives
· Results of Underwriting Audits (conducted by any party)
· Quality broker and customer management
· Achievement of learning & development objectives as applicable to gain an in depth knowledge of the various sectors of the Energy Industry (via site visits, industry presentations, seminars, and internal training) and related business functions that support underwriting, including actuarial.
· Minimum of 5 Years of Professional Experience in the Insurance Industry
· Business Acumen and Attention to Detail
· Good Negotiation & Presentation Skills
· Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
· Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
For questions regarding this role please contact Kyndra.Nagy@Chubb.com.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Houston-Two Riverway 9th Floor
Houston 77056UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 8, 2016, 3:23:51 PM