AVP, Personal Risk Services Regional Product Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Position Description: This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Product Management. As a Regional Product Manager you will own the P&L for a group of states for all lines of personal risk.
- Coordinate the rate review process for specific jurisdictions.
- Work with field representatives and Actuarial staff to address outcomes of rate indications by developing pricing and/or underwriting strategies that contribute to growth while maintaining profitability and target market focus.
- Work with Actuarial staff and Home Office team in development of recommendations from multivariate pricing analysis and predictive modeling work.
- Evaluate market competitiveness. This includes: working with Analytics team and field representatives to determine pricing competitiveness, having an understanding of market drivers for personal lines of business and evaluating competitive advantages/disadvantages of our products.
- Create and execute market strategies to improve growth and profit using various analytic reports and data mining to drive recommendations.
- Oversee implementation of rate changes/pricing strategies ensuring deadlines are met, changes are accurate and appropriate regulatory approval is obtained.
- Manage the inflow of bulletins and state regulatory changes, taking appropriate action to ensure compliance.
- Assist in development and implementation of underwriting guidelines for your group of states.
- Assist the audit team on specific underwriting reviews for your groups of states.
- Assist branches in yearly strategic planning for your states
- Assist Personal Lines Training and Education with the instruction around underwriting and rating.
- Undergraduate degree within an analytic field with superior academic performance
- At least 6 years' experience in the insurance industry, preferably in an analytical role
- Familiarity with multivariate pricing segmentation and underwriting models
- Data-driven decision maker; able to complete thorough research and investigation, yet make decisions in a reasonable time frame
- Broad understanding of personal lines of business including rate indications, pricing, and coverage. This includes an understanding of geographic and regulatory issues/concerns.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to balance the strategic and the tactical
- Ability to effectively work independently and with established teams
- Experience with High Valued Products desired
- Experience with broad range of geographic jurisdictions desired
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chicago-525 Monroe St-Ste 700
Chicago 60661UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Jun 14, 2016, 11:50:45 AM