Agribusiness Underwriting Technician
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Work directly with the underwriter to ensure profitability and growth by classifying and pricing new business, renewal retention, coding and rating policies and processing endorsements. This position provides both underwriting and administrative support to the Underwriting Unit.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes information from underwriters and agents on renewals, endorsements, and new business to correctly code and rate.
- Directs requests for missing information to underwriters and agents.
- Evaluates information and determines acceptance or referral to underwriters.
- Manually and electronically rates policies, renewals, and endorsements. May also produce/issue quote letters, policies and endorsements.
- Identify forms and endorsements used in policy construction for the purpose of distribution.
- Answers routine questions regarding rating and processing for agents; participates in team-based problem solving.
- High School or GED required, College degree desired.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology.
- Ability to multi- task and prioritize daily work flow.
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have an attention to detail and the ability to analyze and interpret various documentation.
- Proven experience with Microsoft office products.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Effective collaboration skills; ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with both internal and external colleagues.