Financial Lines Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
An underwriter in the Minneapolis Branch reports to the CommercialInsurance Manager. They are responsible for profitable growth of assignedmiddle/small private book of business with approximately $3.5m in renewalpremium in addition to a new business production goal. Prospecting for all newbusiness lines and underwriting new middle/small market business and middlemarket renewals. Lines of business: Directors & Officers, EPL and Crime,Fiduciary, Healthcare.
Major Job Functions:
• Evaluates middle/small market business for coverage eligibility. Accepts,modifies or rejects risks based on a review of business in terms of lossexperience and nature of risk in accordance with company/CSI guidelines andstandards.
• Interprets policy contract language/forms and uses appropriate selectiontools to determine eligibility, desirability and appropriateclassification/pricing. Effectively communicates decisions and resolvesagent/client concerns promptly.
• Maintains underwriting quality standards. Includes appropriate filedocumentation relating to final underwriting decision.
• Serves as point person for managing assigned local retail producerrelationships. Works with SRC in marketing to alpha and national producerswithin territory, as appropriate. Leads local marketing campaigns and provideslocal coordination for new product launches.
• Develops/maintains strong relationships and market presence with assignedproducers and key accounts. Maintains effective communication and visibilitythrough phone calls and email to gather and analyze necessary informationcritical to the underwriting process and frequent field visits, to generate newbusiness opportunities and improve policy renewal retention.
• Develops and executes on effective sales/marketing strategies to generateprofitable growth for all new business lines. Includes driving alliances,cross-selling and cross-commercial opportunities, as appropriate.
• Identifies/directs complex business opportunities to SRC. Coordinatestransfer of small, less complex business to USB for renewal processing
• Assists in educating producers on products, services, automation, andunderwriting standards as well as sales and marketing techniques.
• Informs manager of coverage and/or product opportunities/weaknesses impactinggrowth potential. Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist indeveloping product development recommendations.
• Provides support in a mentoring role to other team members, as appropriate.
• Sales and Marketing: Strong understanding of products and competitivemarketplace along with ability to develop/implement successful producer and keyaccount sales/marketing strategies. Proven prospecting skills through effectiveidentification, qualification, quoting and follow up on opportunities. Includeseffective use of sales and marketing tools.
• Agency and Account Management: Demonstrated ability to build strong agencyand key account relationships under changing market conditions. Maintains highvisibility/market presence through frequent communications and well structuredvisits.
• Underwriting Acumen: Demonstrated technical proficiency in underwritingmultiple CSI lines of business. Includes strong understanding of playbook requirements and competitive market.Ability to find creative solutions that strike appropriate balance betweeninsured's and producer's needs while adhering to company's underwritingprotocols and capabilities.
• Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.Demonstrates effective consultation and partnering skills with UnderwritingSpecialist, SRC, USB, Home Office, Specialty Claims, General Counsel, andMarketing.
• Communications: Demonstrated ability to effectively differentiate the Chubbproposal by articulating (verbally and in writing) strategy, appetite andcapabilities.
• Self-Management: Independent and self-directed worker who operateseffectively as an individual contributor and team player.
Other Qualifications: 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Payband flexible based on experience
Chubb Minneapolis-South 5th St
Minneapolis 55402-1225UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 50 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 22, 2016, 7:56:48 AM