Underwriter - Aviation
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Underwriter - Aviation
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Under limited supervision, primary responsibility is to underwrite domestic airport, aircraft and aviation operations business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include but are not limited to:
1) Independently analyzes new and renewal business. Works within designated underwriting authority, follows and clearly documents all referral procedures for issues which exceed assigned authority level.
2) Makes decisions regarding the selection and pricing of profitable business through analysis of available facts and resources. Ability to analyze loss control and catastrophe modeling information when determining account acceptability.
3) Monitors results of business written on an ongoing basis and takes necessary actions to ensure profitability.
4) Responds to inquiries with a sense of urgency to ensure outstanding and timely customer service to producers and policyholders.
5) Coordinates, directs and carries out customer services personally to maintain long-term mutually beneficial relationships with our customers.
6) Maintains effective relationships with producers on assigned accounts. Seeks and develops new business opportunities with these and other producers.
7) Provides direction to Underwriting Assistants.
8) Performs all other duties as assigned.
1) Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
2) Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
3) Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
4) Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
5) Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
• 3-5 years underwriting experience or 2-3 years aviation related insurance experience
• Technical experience with GL and Excess contracts within the aviation business
• Experience in policy issuance, compliance, rating manuals and loss modeling
• Property/Casualty and Surplus Lines Broker License
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Knowledge of insurance industry
• Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
• Oral and written communication skills
• Negotiation and Marketing skills
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chubb Los Angeles-Natl Plaza
Los Angeles 90071UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Aug 31, 2016, 4:57:27 PM