Commercial Insurance - Entertainment Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largestpublicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries,Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance,personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and lifeinsurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by itsextensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities,exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claimshandling expertise and local operations globally.
This Commercial InsuranceEntertainment Underwriter Position is accountable for:
• Financial performance,including profit, rate, retention and growth of a book of business, includingnew and renewal
• Proactively and methodicallyidentifying opportunities for growth within new and existing production sourcesand developing and executing a new business growth strategy includingdeveloping prospects.
• Deep market penetration andbroker management including building and maintaining producer /customerrelationships.
• Developing broker businessplans and goals along with continual monitoring and communication back tobroker progress and results.
• Providing consultative businesssolutions to customers and identifying cross sell opportunities within Chubbproducts and services.
• Soliciting, selecting andanalyzing risk within Chubb Insurance guidelines and ensuring properdocumentation.
• Developing and negotiatingprice, coverage, terms and conditions for all new business, renewals andactively identifying account rounding opportunities
• Meeting with producers and newand renewal customers to give sales presentations; including product educationand new product roll out
• Maximizing resources andcollaborating with Underwriters, Operations, Claims, Marketing and home officeProduct Management
• Consistently meeting servicestandards
• Collecting and sharing industryintelligence with team; including trending and development.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Experience on Entertainmentbusiness is a preferred
• Solid knowledge of underwritingand insurance industry theories and practices, a solid understanding ofmonoline property, package, general liability, automobile, workers compensationand umbrella business
• Demonstrated technicalexpertise and product specific knowledge with experience handling new andrenewal business in accordance with established underwriting guidelines
• Strong analytical skillsincluding risk research and financial analysis
• Demonstrated high proficiencyin sales and marketing
• Strong interpersonalcommunication and
• Advanced negotiation skills
• Ability to effectively interactwith all levels of internal and external business partners; including insuranceBroker/Agents, insured's, etc.
• Experience developing andexecuting on marketing plans and prospects; ability to rapidly adjust strategybased on market trends
• Ability to be creative andadaptable in a changing business environment
• Sound, balanced and timelydecision making skills
• Collaborative approach tosuccessfully work in a team based environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit to takeinitiative based on own inner vision to deliver profitable results.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree or equivalentexperience
Minimum 3 – 5 years ofunderwriting experience
Chubb offers a competitivecompensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, healthand dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, andbusiness casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employmentopportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Ourpolicy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and otherconditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
Chubb Los Angeles-Natl Plaza
Los Angeles 90071UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 20, 2016, 9:32:06 AM