Porfolio Analyst, International Personal Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb serves the property and casualty insurance needs of businesses of all sizes in a broad range of industries. We also provide specialized insurance products—such as personal accident, supplemental health and life insurance—to individuals in select countries. Our reinsurance operations include both property and casualty and life companies.
The Portfolio Analyst will support Chubb International Personal Lines (IPL) Business Leaders in managing all aspects of the business for their assigned country(ies) and/or product line(s). Responsibilities include performing analysis focusing on portfolio and producer management using production metrics, loss data, claims data, competitor and industry intelligence where available. This role will also have involvement in project work as well as performing ad hoc analyses in support of IPL.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support IPL Global, Regional and Country Leadership with insights through data analysis to improve portfolio and producer performance.
- Work with peers within the IPL organization to improve portfolio and producer performance.
- Provide accurate and timely analytical support on assigned projects.
- Use QlikView and any other portfolio management tools to access portfolio management data for IPL LOBs and countries.
- Query data, perform analysis and develop recommendations on how to improve the business performance for profitability metrics, new business production, renewal retention, new/renewal business portfolio mix profiles and LOB/country-level rate structure performance.
- Assist in the development of business requirements for projects and assist in the management of assigned project through implementation.
- Become a go-to expert in Chubb IPL's financial, performance, and reporting Data Marts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills, with thorough attention to detail.
- Keen interest for leveraging data to find impactful insights that drive profit-generating
- Strong comfort level, interest and ability in querying, manipulating and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Experience using Excel, Access, SQL, SAS or similar tools, experience with Qlikview a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work exceptionally well with others across the IPL organization.