Financial Lines (PNP) Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are seeking a Financial Lines Manager for the Indianapolis Branch located in Indianapolis, Indiana. The Financial Lines Manager will be responsible for managing a book of over $16M WP and an agency network of 66+ independent agents and brokers across the state of Indiana.
The Manager will lead and influence the financial lines Underwriting Team across the Region and the Underwriting Renewal Branch. There are four existing individual strategic alliances in our portfolio representing $1.2M WP. The Financial Lines Leader plays an influential role working with a local resident Strategic Alliance resource and Home Office Product Managers to retain, cross sell and grow the existing Alliances and to cultivate new Alliance opportunities.
The Financial Lines Manager is the single source of local expertise for our expansive distribution that depends on our expertise for internal agency continuing education as well as education for their clients. This individual serves as a key member of the Indianapolis Branch Leadership Team, working with the Branch Manager, Commercial Insurance Manager and team members to develop and implement local and Regional plans and strategies.
The candidate must have a track record of success with strong knowledge of specialty products and the competitive business environment. In addition, a well-established track record of overseeing a profitable book of business and a high level of underwriting expertise in all financial lines of business is required. Knowledge, skills and abilities in prospecting, sales, revenue generation and producer management as well as exhibited competencies in communicating, collaborating and executing strategy are essential.
Revenue Generation and Distribution Management:
- P&L accountability with responsibility for premium, profitability, growth, retention, and expense plans/results
- Manages execution of new and renewal underwriting strategies
- Creates marketing strategy and coordinates marketing and production activities for the entire financial lines portfolio
- Directs business development activities and provides guidance for implementing sales and/or product launches
- Manages local producer relationships and product education/appetite; serves as point person for key local producers
- Manage and grow the key Strategic Alliances in our portfolio
- Partners with Major Accounts to develop a local plan for managing, prospecting and retaining complex risks
- Collaborates with Underwriting Centers to maximize new and renewal efficiency of small business written within the territory
- Works with other Financial Lines Managers and the Regional Manager to set regional strategies and work as a team to achieve the regional business plan
- Drives and actively manages lead generation through development of a robust prospect pipeline within the area
- Champions the use of Salesforce as a tool to facilitate business activities to produce results in the territory
- Builds relationships and establishes a formidable presence externally and will represent Chubb Financial Lines in the marketplace amongst brokers, customers, competitors and industry organizations; must be able to play a key leadership role accordingly
- Develops and drives new business and retention efforts
- Implements sales management process
- Establishes business plans for key producers
- Collaborates with other business segments in the branch to drive producer business
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective communication of strategies, goals and plans for branch team
- Influence management and proven ability to balance multiple stakeholder perspectives to achieve business goals
- Translation of the field financial lines vision/strategy into local operating plans
- Collaborative partner with the field, home office, claims, Operations and HR to provide the necessary support and tools for the branch underwriter and specialty underwriting assistant to successfully execute the underwriting strategy
Chubb Indianapolis-One Amer Sq
Indianapolis 46204UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 16, 2016, 9:51:11 AM