Standard Lines Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Small Commercial Standard Lines Underwriter
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated to succeed and is results oriented. Candidate must have experience in multi-line package underwriting. The lines of business included on the platform include but are not limited to: BOP, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation, and Umbrella. The position underwrites newline and renewal accounts submitted through the online platform.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates, accepts, rejects, or modifies risks within established underwriting guidelines and authority. Complies with company policies, procedures & rating plans when evaluating and managing risk.
- Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company.
- Provides primary communication and direction for all processing requirements including policy issuance instruction, endorsement requests, billing requirements and audit review
- Maintains service standards by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of collateral and agreements in addition to meeting deadlines on submissions of
- quotations, certificates and/or policies
- Performs other duties as required to best serve customer, team and management needs.
- 1 - 3 years underwriting experience
- Must possess a strong commercial casualty risk underwriting skill and competence with the ability to handle small risks
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - ability to establish trust and effective working relationships with others-both external and internal customers
- Strong Communication Skills, including the ability to listen effectively; to confidently and diplomatically express opinions and voice concerns with other team members; and to present effective written communication to varied audiences
- Ability to work in and promote a team oriented environment
- Ability to use to use company's commercial rating and policy issuance systems and software programs (MS Word, Excel) needed to conduct daily business
- Self-motivated; must be able to work independently and make logical decisions
- Demonstrate initiative as evidenced by ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Travel -
- College level degree – Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree
- Small commercial experience
- Strong people and relationship skills
- Proven business developer with entrepreneurial mindset.
Chubb Simsbury - Hopmeadow St
Hartford 06070-7683UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Aug 8, 2016, 1:09:00 PM