- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a Commercial Underwriter for our Uniondale, NY office.
The Candidate selected will review and evaluate renewal and new business in accordance with established underwriting guidelines. This position will focus on middle market commercial opportunities in the Long Island Branch territory. The individual will be expected to be very effective at generating relationships and capitalizing on agency travel. They will help achieve department goals of profit, rate and growth. The Underwriter is responsible for building relationships with producers, negotiating price, developing prospects, managing profitability, retention and new business goals. This individual will be expected to develop and implement detailed business plans for key agents. They must be able to work effectively in collaboration with a team of Underwriters, customer service representatives, claims, and loss control personnel. This position will manage a $5 – 8 mm+ book of complex business with aggressive new business goals ($1.0M+) and frequent agency travel.
- Minimum of 5 years commercial lines underwriting experience combined with excellent selling skills.
- Candidate should be familiar with developing marketing plans and handling complex accounts.
- Must have knowledge of commercial multi-peril, automobile, work comp, umbrella underwriting and issuance.
- Must possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- The ability to take initiative, strong time management skills and the ability to work independently, but also demonstrate strong collaboration skills in a team environment as well.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of leadership skills is also desired.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of underwriting experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.
Garden City 11553UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - May 10, 2016, 10:00:00 PM