MPCI Underwriter II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Job Title: MPCI Underwriter II
Reports to: MPCI Supervisor, Senior MPCI Underwriter, Assistant Office
Manager or Office Manager
Purpose: Perform in-depth underwriting and processing functions and/or assist in coordinating the work activities of the MPCI department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits and processes complex and difficult policy files.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of underwriters and other MPCI department personnel as necessary.
- Trains employees on underwriting rules and procedures for entering data into computer policy processing system as necessary.
- Provides input to MPCI Supervisor and Senior MPCI Underwriter on work performance of assigned employees as necessary.
- Assists MPCI Supervisor and/or Senior MPCI Underwriter to analyze and resolve work problems and assist staff in solving problems.
- Monitors work output to ensure that processing deadlines are met.
- Communicates by phone and mail to answer questions from agents, field personnel, FSA county offices, policyholders and underwriters.
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Analyze data and updates records.
- Audits outgoing reports and policy forms for accuracy.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of MPCI program and specialty programs and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to positively direct the work of others, including the ability to make and communicate work assignments and resolve issues affecting staff members.
- Ability to train current employees about process changes and job tasks.
- Ability to comprehend agents' questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to apply company terminology, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School or GED required with a baccalaureate degree preferred and at least two years of MPCI Underwriting experience. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of the job duties and requirements associated with this job, but is intended to represent an accurate reflection of the current job.
Rain and Hail has been America's most trusted crop insurance provider for more than 90 years. We thrive on the constantly changing industry, setting the pace for knowledge, technology and support. We have strategically placed offices throughout the country, creating small work environments in the largest company in the industry. Our locations allow us to support American agriculture and farmers nationwide, providing the localized service our agents and policyholders have relied on since 1918. Backed by Chubb, the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty company insurer, Rain and Hail is truly a leader of the industry, looking for the best and brightest to continue our legacy today and tomorrow.
Fresno-West Shaw Ave
Fresno 93704UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Jul 29, 2016, 11:16:13 AM