Senior Underwriter, PMM
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are seeking a PMM Underwriter in our Troy, Michigan office.
The Michigan PMM Underwriter has responsibility for the profitable growth of Property, Machinery Breakdown, Inland and Ocean Marine business for the Michigan Branch, including the Grand Rapids production office, as well as the Cleveland Branch.
The total book will consist of approximately $16,300,000 of written premium. The Underwriter will manage a $5-6 million portfolio of existing accounts for both Troy and Cleveland. The geographic scope of this business is spread throughout Michigan and northern Ohio. As such, frequent travel to the branches, agencies and insureds across the territory is required.
The PMM Underwriter has responsibility for New Business production and execution of profit, growth, rate and retention strategies. The Underwriter will also have lead development, account round and cross-sell responsibilities in conjunction with other NACI or Chubb? departments. This Underwriter should have a Property and Marine background with ability to operate and champion Chubb's strengths in a fast paced electronic based environment using Chubb's systems. Sales and marketing activities are expected for the building and maintaining of internal/external relationships and upholding the Chubb Marine brand in the territory.
This job reports to the PMM Manager in our Troy, MI office
• Prior underwriting experience and/or training, preferably in Property, Machinery, Inland and Ocean Marine coverages.
• Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrated risk analysis and decision making capabilities including handling complex accounts are preferred.
• Strong sales and marketing skills are essential, as must demonstrate ability to manage accounts, build producer relationships and partner with other Underwriters, Associates and Underwriting Centers to achieve goals and strategies.
• Ability to operate in an electronic based environment and familiarity with Chubb systems including @chubb, Uwriter, CargoPort and Guidepoint are a plus and expected.
• Having a strong Customer Service background with emphasis toward problem solving.
• Ability to present solutions, negotiate terms and close deals for Chubb in a competitive environment a plus.
Chubb Troy - Long Lake Road
Detroit 48098UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Jul 11, 2016, 7:06:36 AM