Underwriting Associate I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly tradedproperty and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb providescommercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident andsupplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diversegroup of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product andservice offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
• Contributes to the achievement of customer group or specialtygoals, as well as corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewalretention, rate, exposure, service and producer relationships.
• Books, binds, and issues new line and renewal policies, mid-termendorsements, and cancellations in applicable rating and issuance systems inaccordance with standardized workflows and roles and responsibilities.
• Proactively assists with account management and achievement of service goals.
• Communicates with agents/brokers and underwriters on status of open items.
• Ensures electronic file integrity.
• Processes cancellations, BORs, and countersigning. Researches and resolvespremium discrepancies and compliance related issues.
• Coordinates renewal process for the underwriter. Reviews renewal submissionfor technical completeness and follows up with producer for missinginformation.
• Analyzes renewal account-specific information (including, but not limited to,loss information, financials, application). Creates underwriting analysistemplate and documents template with renewal changes for referral to theunderwriter. Rates renewal policies and determines pricing strategy inconjunction with underwriter. Coordinates the quotation process and completesquote letter for referral to the underwriter.
• Completes and follows up on Manuscript Endorsement Requests.
The individual in this position must have strong communication, multi-tasking,and organizational skills. In addition, the individual must demonstrate thefollowing skills:
• Must be available to work a work day ending at 6:00pm CST in order to providecoverage for West Coast agents.
• Mathematical aptitude.
• Proficiency in Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of underwriting principles, underwriting information, policycoverages and key endorsements.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts and terminology.
• Ability to recognize exposure to loss.
• Ability to identify account rounding opportunities based on knowledge ofproduct/appetite strategies.
• Ability to organize work and perform within time constraints.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Education and Experience:
College Degree required. Previous experience in similar rolepreferred.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation packageand comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, agenerous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan,flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliancewith all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provideemployment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunitiesof employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexualorientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information,veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Chicago-525 Monroe St-Ste 700
Chicago 60661UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 26, 2016, 11:38:18 AM