- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Chicago is seeking a Surety Underwriter.
Under moderate supervision, works independently as a fully qualified practitioner within the field platform. Operates under the dual underwriting structure to drive this process by providing intelligent, well thought out recommendations through the use of financial and commercial analysis, industry trends, and outside economic factors. Enhances the Company's presence in the respective territory via relationship building and providing superior service to generate new business opportunities. Uses discipline and available tools in reducing risk profile across a wide spectrum of business in the branch and manages overall costs in order to yield superior results.
• Ability to work closely and cohesively with UA's, HO UW's, Branch Manager, HO Mgr., and all positions within Chubb Surety
• Ability to clearly and accurately represent business issues to external customers
• Exceptional organization skills
• Significant financial and business analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to make independent recommendations on complex issues
• Ability to work independently, efficiently, with attention to detail.
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to effectively and concisely deliver difficult & complex messages to all levels of internal & external parties
• Ability to prioritize a wide range of tasks, delegate accordingly, and respond expediently
• Proficient with all internal e-systems, (Esurety, Chubbsurety.com, Blueprint, SIS, MIS, and standard PC applications, including Excel and Word)
• Ability to use all modeling systems, pricing tools, credit models, etc – both internal (ROE) and external (Moody's)
• Demonstrated awareness and understanding of all market data (industry publications, project/bid result sources, regional business news sources, etc.)
Competencies / Tech Skills:
• The candidate must possess 2-4 years of surety underwriting experience.
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills required.
• Must work independently as well as part of an established team.
• Operate within the branch structure interacting with the home office, agency plant and customers.
• Drive the dual underwriting process by obtaining and analyzing pertinent underwriting information and then making well informed recommendations to home office.
• Must also demonstrate an ability to assist in the trainings and development of the less experienced team members.
• Strong organizational skills and overall business acumen required.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Chubb is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.Chicago-525 Monroe St-Ste 700 Chicago 60661UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Sep 27, 2016, 2:00:39 PM