Senior Underwriter, Commercial Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publiclytraded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb providescommercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident andsupplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diversegroup of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product andservice offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
• Financial performance, including profit, rate, retention, and growth, of anapproximate $7.5 million book of mid-market multi-line commercialbusiness. The commercial unit is a $34mm business unit with 3 underwriters.
• Responsibilities include a new business goal of $1.5mm+ each year.
• Identifying opportunities for growth within new and existing productionsources and developing and executing a new business growth strategy includingdeveloping prospects.
• Successful market penetration and agency management including building,maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships to over 25suburban agents.
• Developing agency strategy and goals with continual monitoring of progress.
• Identifying cross sell opportunities within commercial products and services.
• Soliciting, selecting and analyzing risk within Chubb Commercial Insuranceguidelines and ensuring proper documentation.
• Developing and negotiating price, coverage, and terms and conditions for allnew business and renewals and actively identifying account roundingopportunities.
• Meeting with producers and new and renewal customers to make salespresentations including product education and new product roll out.
• Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing and homeoffice product management.
• Consistently meeting service standards.
• Collecting and sharing industry intelligence with team, including industrytrending and development.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Solid knowledge of specialty commercial underwriting and insurance industrytheories and practices.
• Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge withexperience handling commercial insurance lines.
• Strong analytical skills including financial analysis.
• Demonstrated proficiency in sales, marketing and negotiation.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and externalbusiness partners.
• Experience developing and executing on marketing plans and prospects.
• Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment.
• Sound, balanced, and timely decision making skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-relatedsoftware.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 2-3 + years underwriting experience preferred.
Chubb offers a competitivecompensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, healthand dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, andbusiness casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employmentopportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Ourpolicy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and otherconditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
Chubb Schaumbaug-N. Martingale
Chicago 60173UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Aug 8, 2016, 1:43:41 PM