Management Liability Underwriter
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Currently, Chubb is seeking a Management Liability Underwriter for our Specialty Risk Center (SRC), within our Chicago office. The ideal Underwriter will have experience handling financial lines products for large public and/or private companies. This position is pay band flexible based on the successful candidate's experience.
Responsible for profitable growth of a large, complex book of business. The Underwriter will handle new and renewal business, maintain and develop broker/agent relations and collaborate with Chubb retail branches for purposes of business and market development.
Major Job Functions:
• Utilizes appropriate skills and tools to underwrite large, complex new and renewal business. Conducts in-depth underwriting analysis and determines best course of action on a risk specific basis.
• Maintains underwriting quality standards. Includes appropriate file documentation relating to final underwriting decision.
• Serves as the point person for managing assigned SRC key account relationships and expectations. Maintains a high level of visibility through proactive account management, communication and visitation.
• Develops and executes effective strategies to generate profitable SRC business growth. Collaborates with branch, peers and Financial Lines management on new business and retention opportunities.
• Analyzes opportunities and creates business development strategies for assigned book of business. Prospects for new business, drives account rounding and identifies cross-selling and alliance opportunities.
• Supports and collaborates on branch sales and marketing initiatives, assisting with new product launches and local marketing campaigns.
• Supports and collaborates on branch agency management activities, including agency analysis, planning, goal setting, education and market engagement.
• Collaborates with branches to educate agents on products, services, as well as underwriting strategies and product marketing. Develops and/or participates in agent education events including CE courses and product fairs.
• Manages assigned SRC broker/agency relationships and expectations. Leads and/or participates in SRC agency analysis and planning. Develops and executes an effective agency strategy to grow the business.
• Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist in product development recommendations.
• Underwriting Acumen: Demonstrates deep technical knowledge of Financial Lines products, competitors and marketplace. Exhibits rigor and expertise in underwriting large, complex Management Liability risks.
• Account Management: Demonstrated ability to build strong key account relationships and manage customer expectations in changing market conditions. Proven track record promoting business retention and profitable growth.
• Deal-Making and Negotiation: Proven ability to find creative solutions that insured and producer needs while adhering to company/ Financial Lines underwriting strategies.
• Sales and Marketing: Working knowledge of Financial Lines products and marketplace. Demonstrated ability to market and sell Chubb's differentiated, value added coverage and service advantages. Proven prospecting skills and effective use of Financial Lines sales and marketing tools.
• Agency Management: Ability to build strong agency relationships and manage expectations under dynamic market conditions.
• Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with multiple business units, branch and Home Office stakeholders. Demonstrates effective consultation and partnership skills.
• Communications: Demonstrated ability to manage communications and awareness effectively between various parties of interest, including brokers/agents, Branches, Product Managers and SRC Managers.
• 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
• Requisite complex business underwriting experience varies by level.