- Career Level
- Not Specified
Chubb is the world's largest publiclytraded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubbprovides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personalaccident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to adiverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive productand service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
ChubbPersonal Risk Services is currently seeking an experienced UnderwriterAssociate to assist underwriters in all aspects of underwriting, including underwriting approval within prescribedauthority limits. This requires developing an understandingof underwriting strategies and principles as well as product knowledge.Responsibilities of this position also include any preparatory work or research needed to assist with underwriting projects and reports.
• Approve/process underwriting transactions that are within assigned underwriting authority
• Refer all prepared transactionsoutside of one's authority to the underwriter for reviewand final approval
• Review & update large risk files at renewal & present to underwriting withrecommendations
• Act as a liaison between underwriters / producers / Operations when necessary and promptlyrespond to questions
Candidatesmust be able to work in achallenging, fast paced environment with:
• Excellentinterpersonal skills
• Strongorganizational abilities
• Strongacquired knowledge of systems& workflows,
• Working knowledge of Chubb's automatedsystems and workstation applications
• Ability to exercise initiative, decision making and judgment,
• Excellentphone skills
• Strongoral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independentlyas well as in a team
Chubb offers a competitivecompensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, healthand dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage,stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, andbusiness casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employmentopportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Ourpolicy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and otherconditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin,disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
Chubb Chicago - 233 S Wacker
Chicago 60606-6303UnderwritingTravel - NoJob Posting - Sep 1, 2016, 8:24:03 AM