- Career Level
- Not Specified
CommercialInsurance Senior Underwriter
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualtyinsurance insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercialand personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident andsupplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diversegroup of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product andservice offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financialstrength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and localoperations globally.
The Commercial Insurance Specialty (CIS) Department, part of NorthAmerican Commercial Insurance (NACI), is accepting applications to fill an seniorUnderwriting position in the Boston branch. The primary focus of the positionwill be Package, Umbrella, Workers Compensation, Automobile and Internationalcoverages for a wide variety of customer types. The underwriter will work on a variety of accounts including professionalfirms, museums and cultural institutions, advanced manufacturers, clean tech,federal government contractors, law firms and others.
· Drivefinancial performance of assigned book of business. Underwriter will have a renewal book of of $6,000,000with a strong flow of new business submissions. The new business goal is $1,250,000. Assigned agents will be in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine and NewHampshire
· Meetor exceed financial goals including rate, growth, profit, retention, and newbusiness
· Meetor exceed service standards
· Predominatelyresponsible for account solicitation, risk selection and analysis (includingdocumentation), pricing and sales of CIS products and services for new andexisting customers
· Meetwith new and renewal customers and agents/brokers to negotiate coverage, price,financial terms and service delivery
· Buildrelationship with agents/brokers to meet or exceed financial goals and createeffective business plans for assigned agents/brokers and territory
· Workcollaboratively and effectively with a team of underwriters, underwritingassociates, customer service representatives, claims examiners, and losscontrol representatives
· Developtechnical expertise of underwriting associates
· Utilizeagency travel and Salesforce to build a robust prospect pipeline.
Candidates must possess the following required skills in order tobe considered for this position:
· Strongsales, marketing, and negotiation skills
· Minimum of 5 yearsinsurance industry experience.
· Proven trackrecord of building strong business relationships with agents and insureds
· Demonstratedstrong written and oral communication skills
· Provenability in complex account analysis, prioritization, organization and detailorientation
· Abilityto work both independently and within a team environment using multipleinternal and external resources appropriately, effectively, and efficiently
· Knowledgeof Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software
Educational and Experiential Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of commercial lines underwriting experience
· Bachelor'sdegree or equivalent experience
Chubb Boston-One Financial Ctr
Boston 02111-2697UnderwritingTravel - Yes, 25 % of the TimeJob Posting - Jun 15, 2016, 1:24:40 PM