FPC Senior Underwriter I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
This North Amercia Commercial Insurance underwriting position will focus on the Financial Institutions business segment (property & casualty) opportunities in the Alabama and Mississippi territories. This position is responsible for achieving departmental goals of profit, rate and growth. The lines of business include FI property, liability, auto, work comp and umbrella and other specialty FI products such as Foreclosure coverage. The individual in this role will have primary responsibility for marketing and building relationships with producers, negotiating price, developing prospects, managing profitability, retention and new business goals. They will also be expected to develop and implement detailed business plans for key agents. It is expected that the position will spend a significant amount of their time focusing on generating new business development, with a written premium goal of +$1M in new business.
Main responsibilities include:
* Underwrite and negotiate renewals with a total premium of $5 to $6 million commercial lines book of business across the Alabama/Mississippi Territory.
* Lines of business include commercial package, automobile, umbrella, international, and workers' compensation for all types of Financial Institutions.
* Achieve profitability and retention goals within the region.
* Account round existing customers and prospect potential new clients.
* Marketing and servicing accounts based on Chubb guidelines.
* Developing strong relationships with assigned independent agents and brokers to effectively drive business results.
* Develop and implement detailed business plans for key agents.
Skills and Competencies:
* Candidate must have proven ability to successfully negotiate on all levels and develop producer relations.
* A strong track record of service orientation and teamwork is required.
* Knowledge of marketing principles, underwriting and pricing strategies.
* The aptitude to attract and retain profitable business is critical.
* A solid background in commercial risk analysis is essential.
* Candidate must have strong interpersonal, written communication skills and focus on quality.
* The ability to work independently and cohesively in a team environment in conjunction with service staff, loss control, field marketing claims and loss control employees is essential.
Education and Experience:
Five plus+ years of multi-line underwriting experience is required.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Background in underwriting commercial accounts preferred.
The salary grade 25.
This position will be located in the Birmingham Office, and will report to the Commercial Insurance/Branch Manager